13 May Luxury Outdoor Furniture From Century Furniture
Century Furniture is amongst the largest privately owned manufactures of luxury outdoor furniture. Because of their outstanding craftsmanship and high-end design, they have earned their reputation as one of the premier outdoor furniture brands.
Recognized in the industry as a trend-setter of design, Century is has been on the forefront of finishing expertise and the details of fine craftsmanship since 1947.
Century furniture strives to partner with the most innovative and talented designers in the furniture fashion industry. Every designer has brought their own unique elegance to each piece of furniture they create.
Take a look at Century’s top outdoor furniture designers along with the choice collections they have designed.
The Richard Frinier Collections
Richard Frinier is Century’s most experienced and highly regarded outdoor furniture designer. His travel-inspired designs give the freedom to create some truly extraordinary outdoor spaces with the look and feel of a luxury resort.
These award winning furniture collections are known for their versatility and can be used for casual and high-use outdoor spaces, not to mention a variety of Sunbrella brand fabrics designed by Richard himself.
Take a look at some of Richard Frinier’s best collections.
- Spanish-Mediterranean design, with sand-cast aluminum frames giving a hand forged appearance
- Finished with a weather-resistant, multi step powder coat
- Classic architectural ironwork and decorative balustrades
- British and Dutch Colonial shutter back styling
- Crafted from an unusually strong variety of teak wood
- Turned and reeded legs which feature V grooving and rosettes
- Exotic design styling with elements found in the Indonesian Colonial period
- Hand and machine-formed, powder coated aluminum frame
- Upholstered with hand-woven Hularo brand synthetic weaving fiber
- Chinese Chippendale period design elements with gorgeous fret and lattice work
- Uniquely crafted framework made from real bamboo cast in aluminum
- Authentic romantic design with a rich, faux turtle shell finish
The Bunny Williams Collections
Century furniture designer, Bunny Williams, has over 40 years in furniture design. Her knowledge of the decorative arts and well honed skills as a designer make her a perfect fit with Century’s design team. Her work is rregularly featured in top design magazines around the world, in newspapers, on television, and in film.
Engineered to perform beautifully for year-round outdoor exposure, the outdoor collections by Bunny Williams yield a unique design with a familiar feel.
Take a look at some of Bunny Williams’ best collections.
- Raw teak wood is used on these pieces for a solid, gorgeous design
- Turned and reeded legs that accent the unique back styling
- Cocktail and dining tables featuring sleek, high-end engineering
- Hand woven resin in two unique weave patterns features a subtle two-tone warm brown color way called Truffle
- Frames are constructed of powder coated aluminum for durability
- High-resiliency foam core Driluxe brand cushions that have been constructed with a water-repellent cover
The Oscar de la Renta Collections
Dominican Republic native, Oscar de la Renta, has over 40 years experience working with designers all around the world including Madrid and Paris. Now part of Century’s team of elite outdoor designers, Oscar has certainly come a long way from his humble roots.
His outdoor collections are designed for freedom of versatility and endurance to stand up to the elements through any season.
Take a look at the Cane collection from Oscar de la Renta.
- Inspired from the architecture in Punta Cana in the Domenican Republic, the over sized and luxurious design can bring the Caribbean feel to a Southern California backyard
- Features a mélange of cast stone and faux rattan, showing off the relaxed island living attitude
- The herringbone and can weaving patterns used are quite labor intensive, but the result is a gorgeous outdoor collection worthy of the standard Century sets
What We Learned
1) Professional Design
Unlike other furniture brands, Century goes above and beyond to recruit the most respected furniture designers to ensure the look and feel furniture is unique and always ahead of the curve.
2) Handcrafted Touch
Each collection has labor-intensive, handcrafted elements that all are cohesively responsible for setting themselves apart from the rest.
3) Premium Quality
Century holds all their furniture to the highest possible standard, from sand-cast aluminum frames to weather-resistant powder coating, Century does everything they can to make sure their furniture can stand up to whatever elements are thrown at it.